The Ultimate Review of the Ground EFX MX100 Metal Detector
# How to Use the Ground EFX MX100 Metal Detector: A Complete Guide
If you are looking for a digital metal detector that is easy to use, versatile and affordable, you might want to consider the Ground EFX MX100. This metal detector has a lot of features that make it suitable for beginners and experts alike. In this guide, we will show you how to assemble, operate and troubleshoot the Ground EFX MX100 metal detector.
## Assembling the Ground EFX MX100 Metal Detector
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector comes with a user manual, a bottom rod, a top rod, a coil, an LCD display, buttons, an arm cuff with strap, a lock bracket, a bracket wire, a battery compartment, a handle unit and a stand. To assemble the metal detector, follow these steps:
1. Remove the plastic bolts on the top of the coil. Fit the bottom rod inside the bracket on the coil. Insert the plastic bolts into the bracket and through the bottom rod. Then tighten but do not over tighten.
2. Take the male end of the threaded wire from the coil unit and plug it into the female end on the handle unit.
3. Slide the top rod into the bottom rod until it reaches your desired length. Then tighten the lock bracket.
4. Attach the arm cuff to the top rod by inserting the plastic bolts through the holes on both sides of the arm cuff and tightening them.
5. Lift the battery compartment cover and insert six AA batteries according to the polarity markings. Then close the cover.
6. To adjust the display, tilt it forward or back to your desired placement. It should stay throughout use. You may need to adjust it again in very bright or dark environments.
## Operating the Ground EFX MX100 Metal Detector
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector has an LCD display that shows you various information about your detection, such as:
- The category value of the detected metal, which ranges from 0 to 99. The higher the value, the more conductive the metal is.
- The metals category names, which indicate what type of metal you have found. There are eight categories: iron, foil, pull tab, SCap (bottle screw cap), nickel, zinc (US 5 coin, US pennies, Canadian pennies), gold and silver.
- The GPS locator, which shows you your current location and direction using 20 slots for latitude and longitude coordinates and a crosshair for on-target indication.
- The battery life indicator, which shows you how much power you have left using four slots.
- The depth indicator, which shows you how deep the detected metal is buried using four segments.
- The sensitivity indicator, which shows you how sensitive your metal detector is using four segments.
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector also has buttons that allow you to control various settings and modes, such as:
- The power button, which turns your metal detector on and off.
- The enter/selection button, which confirms your selection or enters a mode.
- The up arrow button, which increases your sensitivity or moves up in a menu.
- The down arrow button, which decreases your sensitivity or moves down in a menu.
- The left arrow button, which moves left in a menu or eliminates a category of metals from detection.
- The right arrow button, which moves right in a menu or adds a category of metals to detection.
- The pinpoint button, which activates pinpoint mode to narrow down your detection area and find the exact location of your target.
- The ground grab button, which activates ground grab mode to eliminate ground mineral interference and improve your detection accuracy.
To use your metal detector effectively, you need to understand how it works and what modes it has.
## How It Works
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector works by sending electromagnetic waves into the ground using its coil. When these waves encounter a metal object, they bounce back and are received by the coil. The metal detector then analyzes these signals and displays them on its LCD screen.
The signals from different metals vary in strength and duration depending on their conductivity and size. For example, iron is less conductive than silver and produces weaker and shorter signals. The metal detector assigns each signal a category value based on its strength and duration.
The signals from ground minerals can also interfere with those from metal objects and cause false readings or noises. To avoid this problem, you need to use ground grab mode.
## Detector Modes
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector has two main modes: discrimination mode and ground grab mode.
### Discrimination Mode
Discrimination mode is the default mode of your metal detector. In this mode, you can choose which metals you want to detect and which ones you want to ignore. This way, you can avoid trash or other undesirable objects.
To enter discrimination mode, press enter/selection button when you turn on your metal detector. You will see eight categories of metals on your LCD screen: iron (Fe), foil (Fo), pull tab (Pt), SCap (Sc), nickel (Ni), zinc (Zn), gold (Au) and silver (Ag). You can use left arrow button or right arrow button to eliminate or add categories of metals from detection.
For example, if you want to detect only gold and silver coins or jewelry, you can eliminate all other categories except gold (Au) and silver (Ag). If you want to detect all metals except iron (Fe), you can eliminate only iron (Fe) category.
When you are done selecting your categories of metals, press enter/selection button again to confirm your choice.
### Ground Grab Mode
Ground grab mode is a special mode that allows you to eliminate ground mineral interference and improve your detection accuracy. In this mode,
ground efx mx100 manual
the metal detector automatically adjusts to the ground conditions and filters out the mineral signals. To use ground grab mode, follow these steps:
1. Press ground grab button to enter ground grab mode. You will see GG on your LCD screen.
2. Hold your metal detector parallel to the ground and press enter/selection button to grab the ground conditions.
3. You will hear a beep and see a flashing arrow on your LCD screen indicating that the ground grab is successful.
4. Press enter/selection button again to exit ground grab mode and return to discrimination mode.
You can use ground grab mode anytime you change your location or detect a change in ground conditions.
## How to Detect
Once you have assembled and adjusted your metal detector, you are ready to start detecting. To detect effectively, follow these tips:
- Sweep your metal detector from side to side in a smooth motion, keeping the coil parallel and close to the ground. Do not lift or swing the coil at the end of each sweep.
- Move slowly and cover the area thoroughly. Do not overlap your sweeps too much or leave gaps between them.
- Listen carefully to the audio signals and watch the LCD display for any changes in category value, metals category names, depth indicator or sensitivity indicator.
- If you hear a consistent signal and see a stable reading on your LCD display, you have found a target. Note the category value and metals category name of your target to identify what type of metal it is.
- To pinpoint your target, press pinpoint button and move your coil over the target area until you hear the loudest signal and see the crosshair on your LCD screen. This indicates that your target is directly under the center of your coil.
- To dig up your target, use a small shovel or trowel and dig a hole around the target area. Be careful not to damage your target or the environment. Always fill in your holes and restore the area to its original condition after digging.
- To check if your target is still in the hole or out of it, use your metal detector or a handheld pinpointer device. If your target is out of the hole, use a cloth or brush to clean it and examine it.
## Troubleshooting the Ground EFX MX100 Metal Detector
Sometimes, you may encounter some problems or difficulties when using your metal detector. Here are some common issues and their possible solutions:
- The metal detector does not turn on or the battery indicator shows low power: Check if the batteries are inserted correctly and replace them if necessary. Use only alkaline batteries and do not mix old and new batteries.
- The metal detector makes erratic noises or false signals: Check if the coil is damaged or dirty and clean it if necessary. Check if there are any sources of electromagnetic interference nearby, such as power lines, cell phones, radios or other metal detectors. Move away from them or turn them off if possible. Use ground grab mode to eliminate ground mineral interference.
- The metal detector does not detect any metal or detects metal inconsistently: Check if the sensitivity is set too low and increase it if necessary. Check if the discrimination is set too high and lower it if necessary. Sweep the coil slowly and evenly over the ground. Use pinpoint mode to locate your target precisely.
- The metal detector does not identify the metal correctly or shows an incorrect category value: Check if the coil is parallel and close to the ground. Check if the target is too large, too deep or too close to another metal object. Try to isolate the target by moving the coil around it. Use ground grab mode to eliminate ground mineral interference.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the customer service for further assistance.
## Warranty and Services for the Ground EFX MX100 Metal Detector
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector comes with a one-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, modifications, repairs or alterations by unauthorized persons.
To obtain warranty service, you need to contact the customer service at 800.847.8269 or visit www.groundefx.com for more information. You will need to provide proof of purchase and a description of the problem. You may be required to return the product to the manufacturer for inspection and repair or replacement.
The manufacturer also offers technical support and customer service for any questions or concerns you may have about your product. You can call them at 800.847.8269 or email them at email@example.com for assistance.
The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector is a digital device that can help you find various types of metals in different environments. It has a user-friendly LCD display, buttons and modes that allow you to customize your detection and identification. It also has a ground grab feature that eliminates ground mineral interference and improves your accuracy. To use your metal detector effectively, you need to assemble it properly, adjust the settings and modes according to your preferences and conditions, sweep the coil smoothly and evenly over the ground, listen to the audio signals and watch the LCD display for any changes, pinpoint your target precisely and dig it up carefully. If you encounter any problems or difficulties, you can troubleshoot them using the tips provided in this guide or contact the customer service for further assistance. The Ground EFX MX100 metal detector comes with a one-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service.
We hope this guide has helped you understand how to use the Ground EFX MX100 metal detector and enjoy your treasure hunting experience. Happy detecting! b99f773239